Skip to main content

Featured Post

Infinite Country by Patricia Engel | Thoughts

   Published : 2021   ||    Format : print   ||    Location : Colombia ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆   What was it about the country that kept everyone hostage to its fantasy? The previous month, on its own soil, an American man went to his job at a plant and gunned down fourteen coworkers, and last spring alone there were four different school shootings. A nation at war with itself, yet people still spoke of it as some kind of paradise.. Thoughts : Infinite Country follows two characters - young Talia, who at the beginning of this book, escapes a girl’s reform school in North Colombia so that she can make her previously booked flight to the US. Before she can do that, she needs to travel many miles to reach her father and get her ticket to the rest of her family. As we follow Talia’s treacherous journey south, we learn about how she ended up in the reform school in the first place and why half her family resides in the US. Infinite Country tells the story of her family through the other protagonist, El

Read-Along: Lord of the Rings

LOTR readalong

I LOVE the LOTR series! To this day, they remain my favorite books (and movies) of all time! I usually never like movies based on books, but LOTR is an exception. Eva @ A Striped Armchair, Maree @ Just Add Books, Teresa @ Shelf Loveand the Clare @ The Literary Omnivore are hosting a read-along for the LOTR series and I am excited to join in. I have actually been planning to re-read the LOTR books this year, and am eager to discuss this series with my fellow readers.

This read-along runs from January 2010 till April, and covers the following books:

* January: The Hobbit
* February: The Fellowship of the Ring
* March: The Two Towers here
* April: The Return of the King

In case you are interested as well, sign-up here

Comments

Eva said…
Yay! I'm so glad you're joining in. :) Are you reading all four or skipping The Hobbit?
Athira said…
I'm glad I am joining as well!! I will be reading The Hobbit as well, which is the only one of the four that I haven't previously read. But I will start it only after Jan 13th, since right now, I am on vacation and my book is sitting on my shelf at home.
Eva said…
I'm glad you're reading The Hobbit. :) It's pretty short (less than 300 pgs in my edition) and stylistically a lot simpler than LOTR, so I doubt you'll have a problem catching up.