Skip to main content

Featured Post

Infinite Country by Patricia Engel | Thoughts

   Published : 2021   ||    Format : print   ||    Location : Colombia ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆   What was it about the country that kept everyone hostage to its fantasy? The previous month, on its own soil, an American man went to his job at a plant and gunned down fourteen coworkers, and last spring alone there were four different school shootings. A nation at war with itself, yet people still spoke of it as some kind of paradise.. Thoughts : Infinite Country follows two characters - young Talia, who at the beginning of this book, escapes a girl’s reform school in North Colombia so that she can make her previously booked flight to the US. Before she can do that, she needs to travel many miles to reach her father and get her ticket to the rest of her family. As we follow Talia’s treacherous journey south, we learn about how she ended up in the reform school in the first place and why half her family resides in the US. Infinite Country tells the story of her family through the other protagonist, El

Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge (2010)



Alright, it's official. This is the last challenge I am signing up for! I will be lucky if I can complete half the challenges. What was I thinking? But then, making all these reading lists is such a huge thrill. I am an obsessed list-maker, something I speak about here. Whew!

So, this challenge is hosted by Lisa at Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. This follows from the TV show Gilmore Girls, in which there is, believe this, a huge number of books listed. The challenge will officially run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. Crossover books from other challenges are allowed.

I am joining at the Lorelai level, to read 10 books from at least three different categories. So these are the books I plan to read:

Update (Jan 22, 2011): I managed just 4 in the end.
Category: Classics
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Category: YA or Children's
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Category: Modern Classics
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
5. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
6. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien

Category: Other
8. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
9. Terms of Endearment by Larry McMurtry
10. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

If you're interested as well, or wish to check out the books, go to the sign-up post

Comments

Trollololol said…
haha you sure do like the challenges!!!
I could never do so many - I'd forget about one of them for sure!

I just found your site via J. Kaye!

I'm only pretty new to blogging too! If you're interested, my blog is here.

Aye.Me?
Stephanie said…
What a beautiful blog! I followed you here from J. Kaye's Book Blog, and I signed on as a follower.
Fantastic - I am doing this one too and LOVE all things Gilmore! :) As long as the above commentors are confessing I will too.... I also came from J Kayes recommendation. :)
Wow - love the look of your blog. I followed from J.Kaye's also. I'm doing her reading challenge too. I'll be back to see what you're reading.
I saw you on J. Kaye's blog too. I LOVE the Gilmore Girls. Looks like a really fun challenge.
Terra said…
Congratulations, I saw today that you won an award on J. Kaye's book blog and it is well deserved.
Amanda said…
I just found your blog via J. Kaye and love it! I'm still thinking about joining this challenge!
Athira said…
Aye.Me?, I hope I don't forget the challenges! LOL! Thanks for sharing your blog, I have added it to my feeds.

Laughing Stars, Sheila, TerryLynnJohnson, StephTheBookworm, Terra, Amanda, thanks for following me! :-) I have added your blogs to my feed as well!